If i had only known that a recipe that doesn’t contain flour, eggs, sugar and oil could taste so good, i would’ve written about it a long time ago. I tried this protein fudge brownie that i saw on gimmedelicious, and i was stunned. If you are like me and want to east tasty sweet foods for breakfast, this is the perfect recipe for you! Naturally, it is vegan, gluten-free and paleo. If you don’t like sweets for breakfast, you can enjoy them at any time if the day.
The brownies are a great idea if you are on a low-carb or paleo diet. They are packed with protein, nut butter and bananas. Being mostly banana and butter, they make a great breakfast on the go!
To make the brownies, simply mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon until fully combined. Pour the mixture in a greased skillet or a small pan, and bake for 18 to 20 minutes and cool before slicing.
– 2 cups mashed banans (about 6 medium bananas)
– 1 cup nut butter (i use peanut or almond; almond when i am watching the carbs)
– 1/2 cup protein powder (this will give the taste of the brownies. I highly recommend a variable of chocolate flavor)
– 1/4 cup cocoa powder
– preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a small baking dish 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) with parchment paper or grease well.
– in a large bowl combine the mashed bananas, peanut/almond butter and whisk until they combine. Stir in the protein powder and cocoa powder with a wooden spoon. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through
– cool the brownies for at least 10 minutes before cutting. You can store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days!